Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Wonder

How long does it take to get to heaven?

Does your soul or spirit leave your body before they pronounce you dead? Are we in a hurry to go to heaven or that place which ever religion you are, tells you your are going. ? These are some questions that I wonder about while I lay trying to fall asleep sometimes. But recently my wife's aunt passed away and she said to me, "how long does it take to get to heaven", now I couldn't answer her, but it has had me thinking about it. I guess it depends on your inner feeling for that person who has passed from this life to "heaven". There is no time table or someone who is going to call and let you know that that person has arrived. Do you have to be a person of the church, as they say, or a brilliant scholar to answer these questions? It may sound silly to ask but sometimes when I think of all the loved ones who have passed, especially my mother, my heart aches and I hope that they were in heaven before they felt any pain.
Sometimes I wish someone would call and say, "we are here and we are fine". I think I feel this way because I'm getting older and I don't want to miss anything, especially my grandchildren growing up.
When I go I will let you know, "how long it takes to get to heaven".

2 comments:

  1. I believe that there is a time, right at death, when your spirit and body separate and the body is no longer needed. I also believe the spirit still has a chance to grow and learn and progress, until the Savior returns. At this point there will be the resurrection, and the spirit and restored body will be reunited, and THEN we will take our place in heaven.

    This is our belief in our church. It feels right to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your beliefs and everyone else who has a belief in the Savior and in heaven. But the question is still "how long does it take to get to heaven" and will anyone ever know. Will we know when our time comes to pass up to heaven and will we remember to tell a loved one sitting next to us how long it takes? Maybe if we ask children they will know. It would interesting to see what they would say.
    Thanks for sharing Kazzy.

    ReplyDelete